Rose Garden

The Rose Garden, on Bancroft Avenue, was established in line with the suburb’s reputation for roses. Interestingly, the suburban name “Roseville” may not have originated from roses; but the name of Mr George Wilson's residence. According to The Geographical Names Board records, Mr Wilson, a local orchardist, lived at “Roseville” until his death in 1880. The home was eventually demolished and replaced by Roseville Train Station.